Thursday, April 30, 2009

Diana Quezada (Daily S.P.O.T. for 4/30/09)

"Goin' down to Snap'Mup, gonna have myself a time..."

Snap'Mup (now just Snap*) is a monthly get-together for models, photogs, makeup artists, and the like. Half cocktail party, half photo op, half rave. They started out in the Arts Factory in Bayonne, NJ, and outgrew the room after less than a half-dozen events. They then moved to Studio 6 in Passaic, NJ, which is effing HUGE -- and pretty much outgrew it the first night. The Snap* shindigs can be a lotta fun, if you're not claustrophobic and not afraid to jockey for a clear view of a model, paparazzi style.

Last Halloween, I went down there with my lights and backdrop, along with verbal assurances that two of my regular models would also show up. Well, one no-showed (I found out later she'd had an anxiety attack so severe she would up in the hospital), and the model who did show up was being such a pain in the ass that I vowed never to work with her again.

That's when Diana Quezada saved the day.



She'd shown up with a bunch of friends, all of whom were amenable to being photographed by moi. As the night wore on, the friends shifted into different outfits -- while Diana stayed in "referee mode" all night. Noticing this -- and having brought some outfits for the model who didn't show -- I chivalriously asked if she'd be interested in trying out some new looks.

She was.



These shots -- and many others -- have taken up permanent residence in my print portfolio, as well as both of our MySpace and Model Mayhem pages. (In particular, the black and white one -- if I may drop into brag mode for a second -- has gotten nothing but raves.)

You'll see more of her -- and her crew -- as this bloggery continues. Snap*'s running again tonight, so I expect to see more of her in just a couple of hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment